A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic person to join our team as School Nurse on a fixed-term basis in 2023.
The School Nurse plays an important role in the well-being and health of our students and at times, our staff, and visitors. This includes the application of first aid, the management of health issues and responding to enquiries as the first point of contact for day and boarding student medical needs. The position is also responsible for maintaining programmes which protect and maintain the health and safety of the school community within the framework of the school’s philosophy.
The successful candidate will be a Registered Nurse with current registration by the APHRA as well as have:
- Nursing experience in a school environment is desirable, but not essential.
- Demonstrated administration experience with possession of intermediate-level computer and document management skills, especially with the Microsoft suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience in using a data management system to log and review patient records will be highly regarded.
- Highly developed and positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong ability to exercise initiative, judgement, and discretion.
- The ability to prepare written documents that are clear, accurate and concise and in accordance with compliance and administrative requirements.
- Current registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Tasmania), or be eligible for registration.
- Current First Aid Qualifications, and
- Current National Police History Record Check or be willing to obtain.
Applicants are expected to support the ethos and values of an independent Anglican School. Launceston Grammar is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to the appointment.
The position is covering leave for 2023, it is a term-time role, with some non-term work required. We welcome part-time applications for the option of a job share. The position will commence in late January 2023.
Remuneration will be in accordance with the Launceston Church Grammar School (General Staff) Enterprise Agreement.
The Position Description, Application Form and Information for Applicants’ documents are available from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will close once a suitable candidate has been appointed.