Launceston Church Grammar School is an Anglican co-educational day and boarding community where global learners and leaders are nurtured, challenged and inspired to serve and shape our world with courage, curiosity, creativity and compassion.
We are seeking a suitably experienced and inspiring educator to join our team in the role of Deputy Head of Boarding (Activities or Academic). This is a residential part-time position based in our Girls Boarding House at our senior campus until the end of 2022 with the possibility of extension.
The Deputy Head of Boarding supports the efficient management and daily operations of the residential community to ensure the Boarding House team deliver high-quality supervision and services to boarding students. The Deputy Head of Boarding proactively develops and oversees a program of engaging and enriching experiences for Boarders.
Applicants will have:
- experience dealing with children and/or young people which may or may not include residential experience
- a willingness and an active interest supporting and engaging with young people living away from home
- ability to identify problems, review related information and develop and evaluate options and implement solutions to achieve the best outcome
- the desire to be a strong role model in terms of language, dress, hygiene and integrity
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills who can proactively and influence student learning outcomes;
- the ability to establish and maintain respectful collaborative relationships with colleagues, students, parents and the community
- personal attributes including dependability, adaptability/flexibility, integrity, concern for others, cooperation, initiative, achievement/effort and attention to detail;
- tertiary qualifications in Education is desirable but not essential;
- current registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Tasmania) or be eligible for registration; and
- are committed to and/or experienced in supporting the wellbeing and safety of students.
All staff participate in events, activities and co-curricular programs as well as undertake professional duties and meetings as required.
Applicants are expected to support the ethos and values of an independent Anglican School.
Launceston Grammar is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Remuneration will be in accordance with the Launceston Church Grammar School (Teachers) Enterprise Agreement.
Please review and download the following documents:
- Position Description Deputy Head of Boarding – Academic
- Position Description Deputy Head of Boarding – Activities
- Information for Applicants
- Application for Employment 2022
Our Senior Campus is located on the beautiful grounds at Mowbray Heights overlooking the Tamar River. There is no better place to live and teach than in Launceston in 2022. Learn more at www.livelaunceston.com.au.
Applications are required by 5pm on Monday 22 August 2022