The School Registrar, Mrs Lisa Pretorius, invites you to undertake the following steps as you embark on the process of enrolling your child(ren) at Launceston Church Grammar School:
Request an information and enrolment pack:
- Directly from the Registrar:
Mrs Lisa Pretorius
Launceston Church Grammar School
PO Box 136
MOWBRAY HEIGHTS TAS 7248
Ph: (03) 6336 6000
- Online – http://www.lcgs.tas.edu.au/enrolment-pack
2. School Tour *
Consider attending a Senior Campus Tour Day (Grades 7 to 12) or a Junior Campus Tour Day (Early Learning Programme to Grade 6).
- To view Tour Days: http://www.lcgs.tas.edu.au/tour-days
- To register your attendance: http://www.lcgs.tas.edu.au/events
* Please contact the Registrar to arrange a School Tour on an alternative day, if required.
3. 'Taster Day' *
Both the Senior and Junior Campuses can offer new students a 'Taster Day'. For students entering the Boarding House, we are happy to arrange an 'overnight' stay in our Girls or Boys Boarding House, together with a School programme for an experience at Launceston Grammar during term time. For more information, please contact the School Registrar.
* A School Tour and / or a 'Taster Day' are options available to all families, but are not mandatory steps in the School's enrolment process.
4. Application to enrol
Complete and submit the Application for Enrolment form. Receipt of this documentation, and the enrolment fee, will be acknowledged with an invitation for each student and their parents / guardians to attend an enrolment interview.
5. Enrolment Interview
Before a place at Launceston Church Grammar School can be offered to your child(ren) an interview is required.
- Interviews are conducted by the Headmaster or Head of the Senior Campus for entry to the Senior Campus.
- Interviews are conducted by the Head of the Junior Campus for entry to the Junior Campus.
The interview provides an opportunity to discuss the School programme and clarify expectations in regard to enrolment at the School.
6. Offer to enrol
Based on the outcome of the interview, Launceston Church Grammar School's Headmaster will issue a letter offering a place at Launceston Church Grammar School which confirms the student's commencement date.
Parents/Guardians will be issued additional documentation to complete, and return, including:
- A Student Medical Information form.
- A Boarders' Medical Information form (if applicable).
- A National Goals for Schooling in the Twenty-First Century form.
The return of these completed documents confirms a family's intention to proceed with the enrolment. Failure to return the requested information indicates the choice to discontinue the child(ren)'s enrolment.
Whether your child's enrolment is from the beginning of Term 1, or part way through the School year, Launceston Church Grammar School's pastoral care programme and experienced staff will provide a smooth transition for your child.